April News & Updates
Post date: Apr 3, 2016 3:19:49 PM
Happy April, Happy Spring!
A few Board members met at the park yesterday to take a look at the conditions and check out our new road sign and well. As we suspected, the parks are still VERY soggy, so it's necessary to remain closed, but the turf is looking great and with some more sunshine should re-establish quite nicely for the coming season. The newly installed road sign looks great; a huge thank you to Keene Signworx for doing such a wonderful job on it! The well is also now complete, with overflow valve and pump installed. Thanks to Valley Artesian for their work on that. Having running water on-site will make things much easier for our volunteers this year. Also, many thanks to Steve Patten for his upcoming work on a drain for the overflow from the well. Steve is donating his time and equipment to do this for the park. THANK YOU STEVE!!!!
REMINDERS AND UPCOMING EVENTS:
- MVDPS Annual Meeting - Sunday, April 24th at 1pm at the Enfield Community Building. Please plan to join us, as we will be discussing plans for the park and voting in our new Board.
- Renew Your MVDPS Memberships! The money from membership dues is crucial to help in covering our ongoing park expenses.
- Scoop the Poop!! While at the park yesterday, we noticed some dog poop outside the parks that was not picked up. If you are visiting the parks and using the field-area outside the fencing, please pick up after your dog(s). There is a bag dispenser conveniently located at the corner of the parking lot for this purpose.
- Upper Valley Volunteer Fair - Wednesday, April 20th from 5:30-7:30pm at the Upper Valley Humane Society
- MVDPS is excited to participate in this event hosted by the Upper Valley Young Professionals! If you're looking for volunteer opportunities, this is a great place to find out about local non-profits that could use your expertise in a variety of areas.
Lastly, we are working on this year's t-shirt design and need your help! Give us all the words you can think of to describe the dog park. Individual words or short phrases are best (like run, chase, sniff, etc.). Send us a list by email so that we can incorporate them into the design. Don't worry about duplicating words others have said - it's fine and even encouraged! We plan to have the design finished in time to begin taking shirt orders at the annual meeting.